Too Late (tentative title)
Music and Lyrics by Chris Miller
Verse 1:
It was a dirt road...
We grew up in the Country and we felt like nothing could ever change us, nothing could ever make us leave our home.
And we waited for days, and the years went by but you never showed up; now we are grown up.
Chorus:
Who are you now?
We're okay.
Who are you now?
It's too late
Verse 2:
I do not notice that you're not there because I'm used to it; I used to care-I used to lie awake at night, thinking about you....
And if you're wondering where we are, maybe you could try a little bit harder
to wake up and see that you don't mean a damn to me.
Chorus:
Who are you now?
We're okay
Who are you now?
It's too late
Bridge:
I couldn't love the way I do if it wasn't for my mother, and I wouldn't hate myself sometimes if it weren't for you.
I couldn't love the way I do....
Chorus:
Who are you now?
We're okay
Who are you now?
You're too late....

No comments:
Post a Comment